This term in Perth & Kinross, two schools are working in partnership with Scran to focus on Expressive Arts. Both Abernethy Primary School & Dunbarney Primary School are taking a whole school approach to teaching Art & Design.
Before Christmas staff came together for the project brief. The challenge was to come up with common schemes of work for each year group, across both schools. Below are the topics each year group is investigating at present;
- P1/2 – all aspects of tartan & weaving
- P2/3 – Roman life & collage
- P4 – Wallace & Bruce through targe construction
- P5 – Mary Queen of Scots through jewellery & feltmaking
- P6 – Burns by drawing & painting portrait work
- P7 – Scottish Landscapes looking at Jolomo
As well as these Studying Scotland themes, classes will be identifying opportunities for IDL. Significant aspects of learning and progression pathways are being addressed throughout the teaching & learning activities which are currently underway. This area for development is set to conclude during mid February, when both schools will exhibit the pupil outcomes, inviting parents to come in to celebrate the pupils’ achievement.