Below is an introduction to copyright and the use of imagery & content held by Scran. If you are unsure in any way about what you can, or cannot do, with the content it is best to contact us email@example.com and we will happily advise.
Personal Licensees may:
- copy, display, and store the materials for licensed personal use only
- make derivative works ie documents or worksheets for licensed personal use only
Institutional Licensees may:
- copy, display, and store the materials for licensed institutional use by staff & students only
- make derivative works ie. documents or worksheets for licensed institutional use by staff & students only
- solely use on a secure intranet
Under these conditions:
Must Attribute: Credit the rights owner and Scran as shown in each record.
Non Commercial: You must not sell resources or use for any commercial purpose.
No Public Distribution: You must not distribute to a non-subscriber. That includes, amongst other methods, through emails, websites and printouts.
Buying Images or Commercial Use
If you wish to buy images, use commercially or use under different conditions, click Buying Images & Licensing Requests.
Please let us know of any suspicious use of Scran materials. You can provide information anonymously if you wish.
Image © Scottish Life Archive. Radio and television licence savings cards, c.1960. Licensor www.scran.ac.uk