Uplawmoor Primary School Support The Twinning Revo-loo-tion!

picUplawmoor Primary School support Toilet Twinning Organisation who help those in desperate poverty to have access to a proper latrine, clean water and the information they need to be healthy.

Thank you to all of your donations collected at our Caldwell Parish Church services, as we are now twinning two toilets and we hope to be able  to twin another this session.   2.4 billion people don’t have somewhere safe, clean and hygienic to go to the loo. That’s more than a third of the people on the planet.

t-twinning-2Thanks to your generous support, Dortea now has somewhere safe to go to the loo – instead of relieving herself in the bush in an insecure area of Democratic Republic of Congo. She once narrowly escaped serious assault after her husband scared off a masked man who had pushed her to the ground. ‘I was afraid every time my daughter and I went to the bush to go to the toilet,’ Dortea says. ‘My husband would stand at the edge of the compound and wait, worrying that something bad might happen to us. Attacks on women are now much reduced – because of our toilets.’

Our donations make it possible for people like Dortea to learn about sanitation, build toilets and take giant steps out of poverty. 2

For more information, please visit  http://www.toilettwinning.org/