Book Week Scotland begins on Monday 18th November and we are pleased to say that we have organised a variety of activities for all pupils to participate in in order to celebrate this special week. For example, they will have the opportunity to take part in:
- Paired reading across stages
- Reading and storytelling through digital experiences
- Reading and storytelling through outdoor learning
- A workshop with Therapet (Dogs who are trained to be read to) P4&5
- P1 and P6 visit to Neilston library
- Themed writing lessons exploring different genres
- A Read ‘a’ Thon
Read ‘a’ Thon
The Read ‘a’ Thon will take place on Wednesday the 20th November. Pupils will have the opportunity to bring their favourite book into school. (This can be whatever the children read for enjoyment; i.e. fiction, non-fiction, a comic book etc.) We ask that they bring this book into school on Wednesday 20th November.
The theme for Book Week Scotland this year is “Blether” so encouraging your child to discuss their favourite book or illustrator and having conversations around their book or books that they have recently read would be great. This week aims to allow pupils the opportunity to read a little more, talk more about reading and view reading as an enjoyable hobby.
We are very much looking forward to celebrating this week in school and we hope that all pupils enjoy this special week.