Over the last few years we have benefited from the support of our parents in the wearing of uniform items and have maintained the high standards of professional dress among our pupils.
We know that parents share our view that uniform encourages a feeling of belonging to St Thomas’ Primary, promotes a positive and professional work ethic and supports positive behaviour and discipline.
The School Uniform consists of:
- Navy blue trousers or skirt
- Pale blue shirt with our school tie
- Pale blue polo-shirt
- Navy blue sweatshirt or knitwear
- Black school shoes (not trainers). Pupils are encouraged to change into outdoor trainers at play and lunch time if they wish.
All pupils are expected to wear a shirt and tie to school every day.
Primary 1 to Primary 3 pupils are allowed to wear a school polo shirt on P.E. days.
- Dark shorts or tracksuit bottoms
- School polo-shirt or a plain white/pale blue t-shirt
- Trainers or sandshoes
- No jewellery – earrings should be removed on gym days
In order to reflect these standards of dress, we ask pupils to keep school shirts buttoned and tucked in, to wear ties knotted to the neck and to wear skirts of an acceptable, modest length, footless tights are not acceptable.