Enrolment January 2016

Registering your child for Primary School
East Renfrewshire Council has set up one week when you should register your son or daughter at your local primary school.  You must register at your catchment school, even if you intend to make a placing request to another school or to defer your place and keep your son or daughter at home for another year.

If you intend to educate your child privately or at home, you should still register at your local catchment school.

You may choose to enrol your son or daughter in either the local denominational or local non-denominational school.  This choice will determine the secondary school to which your child will transfer.

If he or she is aged five between 1st March 2016 and the end of February 2017 you should go along to the primary school between 1.45pm and 3.30pm any day during the week of Monday 11th January – Friday 15th January 2016.

You should bring your son or daughter’s birth certificate, child benefit statement, a copy of your current council tax notice and mortgate statement or rental agreement.  The school can also accept a driving licence, utility bill or bank statement if you are no longer in receipt of child benefit.