Is the cost of a student loan preventing you from studying civil engineering?
Why not apply for ICE Scotland grant?
• Applications are invited from young people applying for a college or university course in Civil Engineering commencing September/October 2020 onward
• A maximum of six awards of £4500 each per year for young people aged 21 and under living in Scotland to study in Scotland.
• Each successful candidate will receive £4500 per year for a maximum period of four years.
• Awards will be given in two equal £2500 instalments in August and December.
Application Deadline – 31 March 2020 for entry year 2020
Click here for the information sheet.
Click here for the application form
Please see the information below regarding the Careers Evening taking place on Tuesday 3rd March 2020.
- Date: Tuesday 3rd March 2020
- Time: 5.30pm to 7.00pm
- Location: Clark Contracts, 23 McFarlane Street, Paisley, PA3 1RY
- Register: email firstname.lastname@example.org confirming what discipline interested in
This is an event for those interested in starting their career in construction with a trade apprenticeship or a traineeship in quantity surveying, construction management or estimating.
The Prince’s Foundation Building Craft Programme 2020-21 is currently open for applications.
Application Deadline March 9th 2020.
Programme start date 13th July 2020 (8 months, full time)
The Building Craft Programme is aimed at craftspeople looking to bridge the gap between basic qualifications and becoming a master craftsperson working in the heritage sector. The programme is suitable for participants who have experience in their trade of choice, either via college or on-site experience, but are looking to focus more specifically on heritage and traditional building crafts. It is a full time, 8 month course which gives practical experience in traditional building crafts and an opportunity to gain a Heritage Skills NVQ Level 3.
The course structure consists of the following:
- 3 week Summer School in London and Scotland.
- 10 week live build project providing first-hand experience on site.
- 4 months of work placements with master craftspeople working on traditional new building schemes and conservation projects across the UK.
Students will be awarded a full scholarship covering the course fees and will receive a monthly bursary of £1,000 to cover travel expenses and living costs. Accommodation is provided during the Summer School, Live Build and Placements.
This is an excellent opportunity for those wanting to expand their knowledge of traditional building methods and conservation.
During the Chinese New Celebration Mearns Castle High pupils enjoyed a lot different exciting activities including chopsticks competition, Chinese tea tasting, making Dragon Spirals, Chinese Opera mask painting and watching Chinese films.
For full details click here
East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure and HSCP Social Work jointly offer the FYE scheme to children and adults who are currently supported by Social Work in East Renfrewshire.
The aim of the scheme is to encourage participation in cultural and leisure opportunities.
Inclusion in the scheme is overseen by social work and free access is managed through use of the East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure All Access card.
The FYE scheme offers free access to the full range of ERCL classes and activities.
– Swimming and swimming lessons
– All sports classes e.g. football, gymnastics, rugby, athletics, hockey, tennis & lots more
– All local sports clubs affiliated to the community sports hubs
– Gyms and fitness classes (14+)
– All sports activities – eg. Badminton, squash, basketball
– All art and drama classes – e.g. crafts, digital art, photography, art school, drama classes
– All library activities – e.g. Code Club, Brick Fast, Bookbug
– All holiday activities, including day holiday camps with lunch
– All theatre productions
If you wish to purchase the S6 Year Group Photograph then please ask your child to collect an order form from the SLT Office.
For further information please speak with Mr Phillips or Mr McGarry. Orders are made online and not through the school.