April 27, 2018
by User deactivated
Comments Off on 2018 S3 Headliner Pupil Evaluation
Please complete the 10 questions in the link below. This evaluation will help to make any relevant changes to future IDL events. Please provide as much detail in your answers as you can. It is important that the answewrs are relevant to your OWN experience so be honest!
May 11, 2016
by Mr Phillips
Welcome to the Interdisciplnary Learning section of the school website.
At Mearns Castle High School we aim to:
- promote interdisciplinary learning to teachers, pupils, parents and carers, by providing innovative opportunities for pupils and teachers to encourage participation.
- expand opportunities for young people to experience interdisciplinary learning.
- develop the 4 capacities of a Curriculum for Excellence through interdisciplinary learning:
- expose pupils to situations which allow them the opportunity to develop further their skills in literacy, numeracy and health and wellbeing.
- provide opportunities for pupils to develop further their core skills and employability skills. Qualities such as resilience, problem-solving, creativity and open-mindedness are also encouraged.
- increase the number of pupils participating in interdisciplinary activities, ensuring progression from P1 – S6.
- establish an integrated approach to interdisciplinary learning between primary and secondary education by developing clear lines of communication between Mearns Castle High School and each of the cluster primaries.
- encourage support and involvement from parents.
We hope you enjoy looking around the year group sections and finding out more about IDL.
Mr S Murphy
(Principal Teacher of Development)