To celebrate Digital Learning Week, I thought that I would set a series of tasks for you to complete and you could take photographic evidence (on a phone camera or ipad).
Over the last few days myself, Mrs Vernon, Mrs McInally and Miss Jones have all taken part. Here are our photographs below.
- Can you take a picture of yourself doing some form of exercise?
- Can you take a picture of yourself reading a book/magazine?
- Can you take a picture of a drawing/colouring/arts and craft activity you have completed?
- Can you take a picture of a meal/snack you helped make?
- Finally, after all of your hard work, reward yourself with a PJ day and take a picture of you in your PJs.
Remember all of these activities are optional and just ideas but it would be lovely to see some photographs of you taking part. Take care everyone
In class, the Bluebells have enjoyed doing step by step drawing challenges. We have created fruit baskets, houses, penguins and gingerbread men.
We thought since it is Digidabble week and we are focusing on using technologies that we could attempt a drawing session at home using YouTube.
The ladies in the Bluebells class tried it out this morning and these are our attempts below.
Can you guess who we drew?
Yes Mowgli from The Jungle Book!
Can you try it at home?
This video shows how to draw Mowgli (we paused and played throughout as it is fast!). The artist uses paints but we used felt tip pens.
All of the pupils love these sessions in class and find them very relaxing and calming. Some pupils like to watch an adult draw a line and they make a similar attempt on their own paper (so adults and/or siblings get involved). Whereas other pupils prefer the security of a light hand over hand approach.
Give it a try and we would love to see your attempts on the blog. Have fun!
Willowbank School is celebrating Digidabble Week.
In school we would have been using digital technologies as much as possible this week so I thought we could try that in our homework challenge.
- Can you borrow a camera/phone/tablet and go on a hunt for all of the colours of the rainbow? Take photos of what you find. This can be completed indoors, outdoors or both.
Now this is a tricky one! Using your camera/phone/tablet, can you find items in your house that begin with all of the letters in your name. Take photos of what you find. I have added what I found around my house when I tried it using the letters from my name…
Lucas the cat
Have fun! Remember these are just ideas and optional but if you join in, feel free to post a comment or a photograph of your achievements