Parents are very welcome to join the Parent Council and / or PTA.
Click on the links below to find out more about our Parent Council and PTA e.g. minutes of meetings.
By law schools have a duty to promote parents’ involvement in children’s education. We are very keen that parents feel able to be involved in their child’s education and learning, that they are active participants in the life of the school and they feel able to express their views on school education generally.
Every parent who has a child at our school is a member of the Parent Forum. The parent council is a group of parents who have chosen to represent the parent forum. As a member of the Parent Forum, each parent can expect to:-
• Receive information about the school and its activities;
• Hear about what partnership with parents means in our school;
• Be invited to be involved in ways and times that suit you;
• Identify issues you want the Parent Council to work on with the school;
• Be asked your opinion by the Parent Council on issues relating to the school and education it provides;
• Work in partnership with staff; and
• Enjoy taking part in school life in whatever way possible
The type of things the Parent Council may get involved in include:
• Supporting the work of the school;
• Gathering and representing parents’ views to the Headteacher, Education Authority and Education Scotland;
• Promoting contact between the school, parents, pupils and the local community;
• Fundraising and organising events;
• Reporting to the parent forum; and
• Being involved in the appointment of senior promoted staff.
Message from the Parent Council
The Parent Council is made up of people, like you, who have an interest within the school.
The Parent Council is currently made up from parents, carers and guardians of children from within the school and nursery. We also have co-opted members of the teaching staff.
What does the Parent Council do?
We all want to do what is best for our children and provide the best education and ‘life experience’ we can within our gift.
We attempt to listen to parents, pupils and staff and will work with anyone who can help provide a successful solution.
If you have a concern or would like to help please do not hesitate to contact one of the current members.
You can contact the Parent Council by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the school office – 01556 502071.
Parent Teacher Association
The PTA also meets regularly throughout the session. The PTA plays a very important supportive role in the social and fund-raising side of school life as well as fostering school / home links.
The PTA is an enthusiastic group of parents and staff who help raise funds for the school. You can contact the PTA by emailing email@example.com or by phoning the school office – 01556 502071.