All senior pupils are trained in how to run a sports club as part of the Argyll and Bute Sports Leaders scheme. They can then choose to plan, organise and run lunchtime clubs every day. This promotes leadership skills and the clubs are enjoyed by all involved. These are some of the clubs that have run this year at lunchtime:
- FOOTBALL SKILLS
- BALL SKILLS
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS
We also run after school clubs all year, and these can change
depending on the time of year. These have included:
- COOKING CLUB– Children have learned how to alter recipes like pizza and pasta and have made dishes from around the world like samosas and guacamole.
- RUNNING CLUB– Children run and get fit.
- STEM CLUB– Children have fun with forensics, make crystals and lava lamps.
- CHRISTMAS CRAFTS CLUB– Children made crafts to sell at the Christmas fair.
- TECHNOLOGY CLUB– Creating videos using Imovie and learning how to code using Scratch.
- SPORTS CLUB– Trying out a variety of sports while keeping healthy.
- READING CLUB– Discussing our favourite books, dressing up and cooking revolting foods.
- KNITTING– Children get to do knitting with locals from the community
- FOOTBALL– A club run by sports leaders from Islay High.
- ORIENTEERING-Children enjoy navigating courses.
- ECO CLUB– In the summer children can help out in the gardens and school grounds.