The Pink Tree Trackers Game Design Competition

The p5/6/7 had a game design competition. There were four groups The pink tree trackers, The dream team, MCG gaming and The fish finish line. My group was the pink tree trackers. In our group we had our own roles, these were the roles:

Sophie – Creative diretor/Manager

Natalie – Assistant Marketer/ Producer

Rowan – Programmer

Aaron – Artist

Abi – Game designer

Ciaran – Game designer

In our game we had four levels, all of them had a pink tree in it. They all had a pink tree in them because the whole point of our game was to get to the pink tree and that’s how you got to the next level. I think our group worked well together because we never left anyone out of anyone with nothing to do but I think we need to work on being a little more organized and faster. One problem we had to overcome was that we wanted the Kodu to eat the apples but he wasn’t, but as we tinkered around a little we found out that we had programed the apple instead of programing Kodu. The strategy that we used was debugging.

by Sophie Macdonald