At Bowmore Primary School, it is important to use that our children have the knowledge and skills required to be good digital citizens.
The internet and digital devices offer a huge range of positive experiences for children and digital devices surround children from a very young age. It is important that we build positive and open relationships with our children and that we take an active interest in what they are doing online.
The SMART rules can help to keep us safe as we use the internet, you can find more information on the SMART rules at www.childnet.com/be-smart-online
Balanced Digital Diet
it is important to maintain a balanced digital diet and the Children’s Commissioner’s advice helps us to learn more about this balance.
Below are some online safety guides which will offer you some support.
The following websites have a huge range of resources to support parents and carers:
• Parentzone: Digital parenting magazine (free copies for schools and some organisations working with children, young people and families):
• Parent reviews of apps, games, films, books etc
• Internet Matters website – Helping parents keep their children safe online
• CEOP resources for parents:
• Mencap guide for parents about learning disability, autism and internet safety:
• UK Safer Internet Centre (UKSIC) leaflets for foster carers and adoptive parents: