P2/1 Week 4 Home Learning

Hi P2/1,

I hope you are all well.

P2 – Here is your weekly learning grid. week 4 Remember these are just suggestions for activities.

P1 – Keep an eye on our blog for your daily activities. You can also use P2 learning grid but please only look at the column ‘Across the Curriculum’ as this would be used in class for P1 and P2.

I hope that you are all still finding some time to read and listen to stories. I have been enjoying my book in the garden and in the bath!

Remember you can also download Oxford Owl and enjoy their ebooks. You could create some of your own reading tasks to match the books.  Be story detective, design a poster, do a book review, interview a character, role play, make a common word game etc.

I look forward to seeing what activities you are involved in this week.

Mrs Davies

7 thoughts on “P2/1 Week 4 Home Learning”

1. This morning Alannah has enjoyed reading 2 stories from Oxford owl and played the games. She is now going to try making words with her sound cards and write them in her jotter.

2. Hi Mrs Davies hope you are keeping well Jay has been enjoying more of the hand written activities we haven’t been online much I hope this is ok. He has been reading writing and doing maths we will be accessing sumdog today. Can I ask which other online resource that would benefit Jay?

3. Hi,
    Good to hear Jay is doing okay. You could use Oxfordowl.co.uk for free ebooks. Just make sure the books are suitable for Jay’s stage. The ‘Teach your Monster to Read’ app is really good too. He should have an ‘Education City’ password which would allow him access to learning online too. Does this help? Please let me know if you need any other help. Tell Jay I said hi.

4. Hi Mrs Davies.
    Cara has been doing the challenges on Sumdog every week but is starting to fins it a bit boring as it seems to ask her the same queations a lot of the time. Is this not meant to progress with the childs ability or does that only happen if she does the practice bits rather than the challenges?

Cara is missing you loads as well and keeps telling me she can’t wait to see you again.

Cat.

5. Hi, I am unsure why this is happening with Sumdog as it should progress with ability. She might need to do the other bits and not just the challenges. I will look into it and hopefully it gets fixed. Has she been using Education City? She can click on ‘subjects’ then ‘numeracy’ and she can explore different activities there. I was actually thinking about Cara today… My daughter was singing ‘skinny marinky dinky dink’ and I know Cara likes to tell me she sings this with Mummy. Tell her I said hello and I am missing her little chats.

6. Hi, I have reset Cara’s Sumdog diagnostic test. This means she will need to do the initial test again (she did it at the end of March). This should set the questions to the appropriate level. It says that some questions will appear too easy initially to build confidence. I hope this helps.