Story Time from Home – Thursday 23rd April

Hello everyone! Did you find the connection between today and a dragon story? If you were at school in England you would probably know this because St George is the special saint of England just like St Andrew is our special saint here in Scotland. Another name for this is the patron saint. I wonder if you can find out any other patron saints?

Below is a link to a short video all about St George and the dragon which I think you might enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YuVzOK89EA

And here is the link to today’s story time from home which is all about dragons. I hope that you enjoy this too and have started to think about what you could write for your own dragon stories.

https://vimeo.com/410760871/7bc04d9eae

Below is a photograph of some planet Earth crafts that some boys made at the hub school in Bathgate with me yesterday.  Don’t they look great?

The words at the bottom say reduce, reuse and recycle.

Thank you again for all your photos and messages. I will share some of these on Twitter at the end of the week but please remember grown ups I can’t post any  photographs with  faces or names.

Miss McDermott

2 thoughts on “Story Time from Home – Thursday 23rd April”

1. Dear Miss. McDermott, it’s Alia here. I loved all your stories that you have been reading. My favourite was Dragon Stew because it had a dragon in it and I like the colour of the dragons. I miss you. 🌈❤️

1. Hello Alia
      How lovely to hear from you.
      I am glad that you are enjoying the stories. This was my favourite story from this week too. Did you like Mrs Boyle’s dragon? I hope that you are doing some nice things as well trying to do some home learning. I am keeping busy helping at a school in Bathgate that is still open but i still miss our school very much!
      Take care and keep in touch
      Miss McDermott