P1 Weekly Learning Reflection W/E 4th February 2022

Good afternoon

In Literacy we have learned the ‘or’ and ‘air’ long vowel sounds and the red word want. We have written words with ‘or’ and ‘air’, built words on our magnetic boards, played roll and read and sorted real and nonsense words. In writing we wrote a description of our superhero.

In Maths this week we have explored reading and writing o’clock times on an analogue and digital clock. We looked at reading half past times on an analogue clock too. We found matching times, made our own clocks, solved time jigsaws and played stop the clock on the netbooks.

We have been exploring the theme of superheroes through our play. We looked at how we get day and night, sorted activities into the right category and made superhero potions in the tuff spot. We also watched Emily MacKenzie who is an author and illustrator read her story ‘There’s Broccoli in my Ice Cream’ and she taught us how to draw Granville. In P.E we have been doing gymnastics and have explored a variety of shapes and rolls.  Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

“I have enjoyed writing about my superhero Gorgeous Gracie.” Gracie

“I love superheroes. I am Electric Emily.” Emily

“I liked writing about my superhero. I am Marvellous Matthew.” Matthew

“I can write o’clock times on an analogue clock.” Ishanvi

“I have learned how to read and write ‘air’ words.” Angus

“I have enjoyed learning everything.” Aaron

Have a lovely weekend

Miss Maclachlan