P2 Learning Reflection for W/E 28.1.22

This week P2 have been looking at the spelling patterns for ee, ea and e. In numeracy the children have been using a number track and a number line to subtract. The children noticed that they had to be careful when counting back on the number track as each jump had to be made from the middle of the box and for the number line they had to make each jump from the line. A big well done to our finalists and winner in the Scots poetry recital!

Willow – I liked learning about orang-utans and doing gymnastics. Orang-utans have four fingers and a thumb just like us. They are really cleaver they can make gloves from leaves to protect their hands from prickly fruits. The build a nest each evening so they always have a clean bed.

Arianna – I made a Loch Ness monster with Mrs Brown.

Josh – I liked free play. I am making a poster for Jacks party.

Grace – I have enjoyed learning about orang-utans. They are the closest animal to us.  They are born with a fear of snakes because a snake can swallow a baby orang-utan in one mouthful. They are really good climbers. They live in the rainforest canopy.

Elyas – I liked doing my Scottish poem. We were adding actions to it to make it more interesting. I won a certificate that I can put in a frame and hang up.

Ella – I liked doing gymnastics. We were doing rolls. The rolls were rocket roll and flying saucer roll. My routine was rocket balance and then we went down and did a flying saucer roll, we did a rocket roll to the other side. Then we finished with a rocket balance.

Louis – I enjoyed gymnastics we needed to do gymnastics things. I done a star, pike alien and rocket balance.

Kyra –  I liked gymnastics. I liked rocket roll.

Olivia – I liked making the tartan. So you needed to get the bits of paper and weave it through the other bits of paper. On my last one it was tricky because there was hardly any room!

Oliver – I liked when we were doing PE. We were doing rolls. We were doing a routine.

Rhy-Lee – Orang-utans are really cleaver. They can make gloves with leaves. They build a roof over their nest if it rains. They eat fruit, insects and bark.

Alexander – I like finding out about orang-utans. They can swing from tree to tree.

Caleb – I liked making tartan. We had to go the opposite way from the other one. The paper went in and out and in and out. I used red blue and green to make my tartan.

Thea – I got a certificate and a book and I won. It was for saying the poem Mince and Tatties!

Jack – I enjoyed making the tartan. You had to pick three or four colours and they had to be different colours. We got pieces of paper and slid them through some slots. It was difficult to get a black space to give the other colour some space!

Georgia – I liked free play. I was playing in the doll’s house. We were moving house. We had to put furniture out and move different furniture back into different spaces.

Nathan – I liked learning orang-utans can climb trees. They can build a nest just like a bird!