P1 Learning Reflection for W/E 14.5.21

This week P1 have been learning the split digraphs sounds a-e and i-e. Our numeracy focus this week has been revising time and money. Most of the children can read both digital and analogue for o’clock and some can read them for half past! The children have enjoyed playing shops using coins to buy items to the value of 10p. In science this week P1 enjoyed planting sunflowers with Mrs Whigham, they are checking them each day to see if they have started to grow! Please see below for the children’s learning reflection comments. Have a lovely weekend,  Ms King x

Grace – we learned split digraph a-e and i-e. Make and cake have the a-e sound.  Nice and smile has the i-e sound.

Josh – In number talks we were counting with a rekenrek, it has 5 red beads and 5 white beads on the bottom and top, altogether there are 20.

Olivia – we learned about half past and o’clock. When its o’clock the minute hand is at the 12. When it’s half past the hour hand is between the numbers and the minute hand is at 6.

Rhy-Lee were doing 4 and 1 on a rekenrek, it makes 5.

Kyra – I liked doing number talks I liked adding on the beads.

Lily- We planted sunflowers.  We put soil in the pot. We put a hole in the soil then you put the seed in and cover it up. We poured water on it.

Jessica – I enjoyed planting the flowers. First, you get the pot.  You put soil in it then you make a hole. You put the seed in then you cover the seed and water it. It will need sunlight and air to grow into beautiful sunflowers.

Minny – I liked when we were doing the sunflowers. We went over and we got a spoon.  We took a spoonful of soil and filled up to the top. We poked a hole and we dropped our sunflower seed in.  Then we covered it with more soil.  Then we watered it.

Caleb – We learned the split i-e sound. Cake has the a-e sound.

Oliver – I enjoyed learning about the clocks.

Kaylan – I liked being the shopkeeper I had to give people change.

Alexander – I enjoyed number talks.

Izaan – I liked making the sunflowers. We had a cup and we put in the soil.  We had a hole, we put in the seed and we watered it.

Georgia – We put soil in and you do a hole. You put the seed and then you cover it with water.

Kade – We had to put a seed in the pot. There was some dirt in the pot. The flowers will grow when the sun gets up.

Louis – We planted sunflowers. We got a pot and put the mud in, then got a seed and watered it.

Aylar – we planted sunflowers.

Jack – I have enjoyed learning about clocks. When the long hand is at the top and the short hand is at six that means it’s six o’clock.

Ella – We learned about the time. When the little hand is in the middle of two numbers it’s half past, the big hand is at six so that means it’s half past six.