Primary 4 – w.e. 13.11.2020

Good afternoon,

What P4 have been learning this week:

In numeracy, we were learning our three times tables off by heart. We were working on our four and six times tables as well, through visual aids like arrays and groups and dividing as well as multiplying. In maths, we were learning time to five minute intervals and writing the time digitally and using analogue clocks too.

In literacy, we were using our listening and talking skills to show respect during Armistice day. We watched an assembly, were respectful of the two minutes silence and to those who died so that we could live. We watched a video which was an animation about wildlife in fields during the war to explain to the class, in a child friendly manner. In literacy, we have started our reciprocal reading books, we learned the difference between predicting and inferring when looking at a text.

In languages, we were learning French and we have started a six week block of Spanish lessons from Senor Reavell who is a languages teacher at Inveralmond High School.

In PE, we have been learning our birthday chance dance and have started incorporating what we have been learning in music and in dance in a game called ‘hip hop circle’.

In music, as we are not allowed to sing in school to follow Covid restrictions, we have been learning about the rhythm and the beat. We were learning through videos supplied by NYCOS, to create rhythms with our bodies. This week we did a ‘pease pudding’ rhythm with clapping and patting, then added on our own moves.

E – I have enjoyed painting and printing on to paper, the fish this week because it was fun.

P – I enjoyed learning the four times tables this week, because I didn’t know I would be doing the four times tables in P4.

S – I enjoyed PE this week because I liked creating my birthday chance dance.

A – I enjoyed learning more about division, because it was a challenge.

E – I liked learning about remembrance day, because we got to watch video’s about remembrance day.

A – I enjoyed learning about maths this week and doing arrays.

J – I liked placing the poppy pebble we made down at the church.

A – I enjoyed playing hip hop circle in PE.

L – I enjoyed playing ‘stop the clock’ in Maths when we were learning time.

A – We were learning our three times table off by heart.

Here are some photos of the past week:

Have a lovely weekend!

Mrs Love