P2 Learning Reflection for W/E 6.3.20

In literacy this week our spelling focus has been: a-e magic e, words beginning with dr- and words ending with –ad. In numeracy we have been counting in 2’s and 5’s. Our numbertalks focus is subtracting by adding on the difference from the smaller number to the larger number. We have also investigated weight and mass using the balance scales. Everyone enjoyed the World Book Day activities yesterday, especially drop everything and read! Today our assembly was led by Maleficent and lots of children dressed up as a character from a book. After assembly we were all invited to the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party!

Emma – I think it was nice to see everyone in costume and acting like their costume.

Nicholas – I liked counting in 5’s. I can count to 50!

Subhan – My favourite book is Harry Potter. I like Harry because he has a wand.

Lois – I like the book My Secret Unicorn. It’s all about unicorns and there is a girl who has got a nan and she went to her Grandma’s house and she bought a unicorn for her.

Austin – I liked World Book Day. When the bell went we had to drop everything and read our books. I was reading Hidden Treasure, it had ship and maps and it tells you where the treasure is.

Isaac – I am reading the Demon Dentist. The Demon Dentist was trying to take peoples teeth out.

Sushanth – I liked the Mad Hatter’s tea party. We had juice and sandwiches. We had a party to celebrate World Book Day!

Sevinc – My favourite book is The Naughtiest Girl by Enid Blyton. My mum read it when she was little and now I am reading it. The girl is really naughty because she does not want to go to school.

Rory – I was thinking why lots of people were wearing Harry Potter costumes today. It is because it is World Book Day. I like Harry Potter because he is a wizard and I like wizards.

Leo – I liked the tea party. We got sandwiches and the sandwiches were really yummy!

Euan – I liked weighing. I weighed lots of things to see how heavy they were. The water bottle was so heavy!

Lewis – I liked weighing. We used the pan balance.  If the arrow is pointing in the middle the things weight the same. If one side goes down it means its heavy and the other side is light.

Charley – I liked the tea party. We were celebrating world book day. We drew our favourite book covers.

Ziva – I liked the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party. We were having a party with Alice and her friends.

Coben – I liked the assembly today. We all said our favourite books and we got to dress up.

Kaelan – I liked the assembly because there was a lot of Harry Potters. Mrs Mill was Maleficent. We were dressed up because it was World Book Day!