P2 Learning Reflection W/E 17.01.20

In literacy this week the children did a tricky word spelling test. I will use the results of this to plan our tricky word focus for this term. For writing the children all had a go at writing an exposition piece about having a friend in class. For PE we have started gymnastics and are currently focusing on balancing skills. In numeracy the class have enjoyed the daily flash back 4 revision quiz. Our number talks focus was compensation and our learning focus was counting on using a number line. The children have enjoyed playing Strike it out. You can play at home using this link: https://nrich.maths.org/6589

Leighton – In number talks we were doing some compensation. It’s when you switch the number and they still add up to the same.

Lewis – I liked number talks, we were using compensation. For 6+4 you can take 1 away from the 6 and add it to the 4 to make 5. Then double 5=10.

Coben – I was breaking numbers into place value.

Nicholas – I loved writing today.

Rory – I enjoyed number talks I know that 10 and 10 is 20 because it’s a double. For 9+11 if you take 1 from the 11 and add it to the 9 it makes 10 and double 10 is 20.

Sushanth – We did flashback 4.  I liked to do 9+4 on the number line.  You can use compensation too. You need to take 1 from the 4 to turn the 9 into 10 then add on 3 to make 13.

James – I liked numeracy because we were doing number talks and we were doing compensation. With 9+11 you can move 1 from 11 to make 10 and then double ten =20.

Lois – I enjoyed PE. I like playing the colour game. We are going to move onto gymnastics now.

Nicholas – I loved to put the work in order.

Charley – We are going to have a reading competition. It’s called the First Minister reading challenge. So we have got to read books and try to keep our library tidy.

Subhan – We get to read books.

Poppy – in PE we were balancing, we did zootz stork balance. You have to put your head straight and your arms out the same height as your shoulders and your knee up with toes pointing down.

Leo – I was reading Tabs kitten. Tabs kitten was sleeping somewhere else.

Austin – We were reading there a Wee Lassie who swallowed a midgie. The story rhymes and we were guessing what she would swallow next. I got a Scottish animal right it was Nessie.

Isaac – In numeracy we were playing Strike out. There was a number line all the way to 20. You have to get a partner.  You need to choose a number on the number line and cross it out and you choose another number to add on and you cross that out. Then you circle the answer. The next person has to start with that number. They cannot choose any numbers that are crossed out.

Euan – I enjoyed PE today. We were doing balances. I liked doing the stork balance.

Ziva – My favourite was gymnastics. We were doing balances.

Sevinc – I liked doing the flashback 4.

Emma – I enjoyed doing the countdowns this week. Today I managed to get ready in 5!

Kaelan – In assembly it was about Jesus. He was giving the man his sight back. Everyone else just ignored the man.