P2/1 Learning Reflection week ending 15th November 2019

Oops! Silly Miss Maclachlan posted our learning reflection on P2s page. Here it is

In Literacy P1 have learned the ‘z’, ‘ch’ and ‘qu’ sounds and the tricky word all. We stuck stripes on a zebra, practised our letter formation, taught ted and wrote words that began with qu. P2 revised the ‘ai’ and ‘oa’ sounds. They searched for these words in a word search, played roll and searched for ai words in story. In numeracy P1 have continued to explore adding. We have played games, used counters and screens to make friends of 5 and 10 and used Numicon to make friends of 10. P2 have been comparing number sentences using the greater than, less than and equals signs. We also wrote out the 8 fact families for a pair of numbers such as 7 and 3.  In Science we have been learning about the sun. We completed a true and false task and we coloured in a picture of the sun. In music with Dave we finished putting music to a story about Josh and his granny. In P.E we practiced dribbling the ball with our hands and played games. For IDL this week we were creating our own weather forecasts. We had our Star of the Week circle time. Solomia is our star of the week. We continued to practise our songs for nativity and we put actions to our songs. On Friday we went to P6’s assembly. It was all about WW2. Here are a few of the children’s reflections:

Hamish: “I found it tricky learning the sounds ch and qu.”

Teria: “I enjoyed Primary 6’s assembly on WW2.”

Lucia:  “I liked learning the qu sound.”

Sam: “I enjoyed the Primary 6 assembly.”

Alister: “I liked going to Primary 6’s assembly.”

Ayden: “I enjoyed the Primary 6’s assembly. I liked the songs they sung.”

H: “I enjoyed learning our new sound qu.”

Charlotte: “I enjoyed learning about the sounds z and qu.”