P7 Week 2

This week we have been thinking about our mindset for learning. We have been working on some positive thinking and how to change what we say to be more open to new things. For example “I can’t do it.” becomes “I can’t do it yet.” or “I’m not as good as she is.” becomes “She is good at this, maybe she can help me.”

We have also been looking at our rights and have learned many more that we didn’t know about before.

We have elected our Pupil Council representatives for the year and they are Ben and Elise. The great thing was that 8 people went for it and some had to overcome lots of nerves to stand up and say their bit. I am very proud of them.

During our reflection time this week there was a common theme around applications for House Captains and Sports Captains.

Holly – Writing my Sports Captain speech was so hard. I couldn’t decide what to say.

Emmie – I had so many things to say in my House Captain speech and it was hard to decide which ones to keep so it didn’t go on too long.

Kaitlyn – The House Captain speech was hard to write because I’ve never done anything like that before.

Katie – I feel like in my writing I don’t use big words but I did in my speech for Sports Captain and in my poem too. I am getting better at writing.

Harry – I did better than I thought I would in the basketball trials. I enjoyed writing my House Captain speech even though it took me about 4 times to get it right.

Well done P7. Your willingness to give things a go is most impressive, and also I love the way you don’t just accept ‘good enough’ and always try to improve. That’s growth mindset in action.