Primary 2 – Wednesday 22nd April 2020

Good Morning Primary 2! I have seen your STEM challenges as part of the video above and I think they are all absolutely fantastic! What a great job you have all done! Here are some fun activities for today.

Writing

Miss Borsbey had a very strange dream last night. She dreamt that she turned into a chicken! Your task today is to write a story with the title “If I was a chicken”. Think about things you might see, feel, hear, touch and smell. Make your story as imaginative it can be! Remember, to be successful writers we must use:

• Capital letters
  • Full stops
  • Finger spaces
  • Adjectives
  • 5 senses
  • Check our own writing

Can you use different coins to make the following amounts? Lay out the coins first and then write them down to make the total amount. Remember what coins we have available to us to make the different amounts.

• 28p
  • 34p
  • 17p
  • 63p
  • 99p
  • £1.15p

Check out this link from BBC Bitesize all about counting in 5s. Watch the videos and complete the tasks. Can you make up your own challenge questions all about counting in 5s?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zhfjqp3

Drama

Today’s drama task is all about role play. Using what we have been learning about the Eatwell plate, can you make a restaurant menu and pretend to work there? Remember your menu needs to have well balanced foods and your customers must love your food!

See the source image

Reading 

https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/?selLanguage=en&mode=hub.

When you open the site, click the pink button at the top which says “My class login”. The class login details are as follows: username – deansprimary2      password – missborsbey       Once logged in, click the button that says “My Bookshelf”.  This will take you to lots of ebooks. Please have a look below to find out which book to read. Once you have read the book, discuss what you have read. Can you find any of your tricky words?

Green group – Chicken Licken

Purple group – The Toys’ Party

Pink group – Ant and the Baby

Yellow group – Can you see me?

Blue group – Big Feet

Have fun Primary 2 and I’ll speak to you tomorrow again!

Miss Borsbey