Primary 2 – Monday 20th April 2020

Good Afternoon Primary 2! I hope you had a great break over Easter and are all happy, healthy and ready for our final term! You should now be moving on to your week 3 pack of learning that you have at home. Please work through this and I will continue to post daily blog updates with some more fun work!

Reading 

Every week, I will assign each group a new reading book online. These books are suited to the reading level to each group. I will post the link for the website, as well as the username and password every day to remind you how to access the books. Please see below for the details of this week’s book.

https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/?selLanguage=en&mode=hub.

When you open the site, click the pink button at the top which says “My class login”. The class login details are as follows: username – deansprimary2      password – missborsbey       Once logged in, click the button that says “My Bookshelf”.  This will take you to lots of ebooks. Please have a look below to find out which book to read. Once you have read the book, discuss what you have read. Can you identify the beginning, middle and end of the story?

Green group – Chicken Licken

Purple group – The Toys’ Party

Pink group – Ant and the Baby

Yellow group – Can you see me?

Blue group – Big Feet

Have a go at these addition sums to refresh your memory! Discuss the strategies you are using with someone at home.

3 + 4 =

7 + 5 =

9 + 4 =

11 + 5 =

8 + 10 =

Music

Listen to the well-known song “Into the Unknown” from the film Frozen 2. The lyrics to the chorus are below. Once you have listened to the song and sang along, can you answer the questions at the side? What is your favourite part of the song and why?

Have fun Primary 2 and I’ll speak to you tomorrow again!

Miss Borsbey