MacKintosh and Muir – P7 Fun-Day

On Friday 6th September our Primary Seven Clans; Muir and MacKintosh ran a Fun-Day Fundraiser for the whole school. It was a fantastic experience for our Primary Seven children to organise and orchestrate a whole-school event – during which our Primary Sevens showed our school values of Caring, Resilience, Integrity and also supported our younger children to feel a sense of Belonging with such efficacy!

We diligently calculated the total after having sorted all the change into respective coins and having counted each type of coin into money bags. We were so lucky to have raised £820.19 in cash and an additional £670.00 in online payments. Making a total of £1490.19 in funds to help reduce the Cost of the School Day for our phenomenal Primary Seven families by funding those Primary Seven Hoodies!

Thank you to all families and children who took part in the day and made donations to our fundraiser. Huge thank you also goes to Skylight Events for making a donation from their business to support our fundraiser.

Here are some great snaps from the day:

Here are some quotes from our amazing Primary Seven role models:

My time at the P7 fundraiser was great! I started off doing face glitter and then got to do soak the P7’s – I got seven buckets chucked over me and it was so fun! After I got dry, I did hair extensions. My experience of the Primary Seven fundraiser was great. – Annabelle

“I loved getting soaked to the core by my Primary Five friend and doing Tattoos for my friends and other people in school!” – Ananya

“I loved helping younger children make bracelets and getting soaked by the P5s who were ruthless. I also enjoyed looking at everyone else’s stations.”- Maddy

“We spent weeks getting ready for our Fun day, getting soaked was really fun and I helped to tidy up after so I was late to go home but so were some other people so it was really fun!”- Isabella

“I was setting my station up with my group and got donation box for the extra money for the fundraiser (which helped a lot) and the preparation was fun but tiring and it was fun!” – Finley

“My time at the P7 fundraiser was fantastic. Most of my time I was helping with the glitter tattoos, and it was fun helping all the kids doing their tattoos. For the last 20 minutes lots of P5 got buckets and started throwing them at me – during Soak the P7s. I got very soaked.” – Millie

“First, I set up the glitter tattoos and I did both my buddies’ glitter tattoos. I advertised my glitter tattoo section and after this I helped the football station quite a lot in the arena. After P3 it was P4 and I was in goals for bibs, and we won 4-2 After break it was p5 and it was funny because the p5 was punting the ball around and it hit me. P6 came on and it was p7 vs p6 and we won 7-1 against them and then we tidied up the arena.” –  Dheeran

“On the day of the p7 fundraiser we got our stuff ready my group were in the arena for the football tournament it was fun to watch the p1’s play football, I got a glitter tattoo then I went outside to see people getting soaked at soak the p7’s I threw a few sponges at the other p7’s when I came back it was the p5’s playing we then played the p6’s we won 7-1 we were happy then it was home time so we cleared are stuff it was a really tiring but a really fun day.” – Poorvaj

“I had a massive crowd waiting patiently for their origami this was the fun part because I was able have fun conversations with them, I was also able to help many p2s who needed my help. For me it was the best time I had in a long time.” – Sartaj

“I liked interacting with people and got to play football as I love to play football.” – Mason B

“I loved getting soaked and doing my neighbour’s face glitter.” – Lacey

“I LOVED the P7 Funday because my brother poured 7 WHOLE BUCKETS on my HEAD in soak the P7s. I got to do my P1 buddies face glitter and made him really happy.” – Farah

“My highlights were: Getting soaked by the P3. After getting soaked we all started chucking buckets and sponges at each other. Doing my Buddy’s face glitter.” – Summer

“My favourite part of the fundraiser was when my sister got to soak me in soak the P7s. After I got dried, I set up my stand (make your own coasters) and surprisingly we got 50 pounds!” – Jessica

“I had an amazing time during the P7 Funday! I did face glitter first which was amazing because seeing kids smile because of you is so sweet! Then I went to soak the P7s and got very wet, but it was very funny!” – Eila

“I really enjoyed the P7 because I was in the origami group.” – Mason L

“I was in the arena football tournament I was the one sorting people’s teams and seeing all the young people playing football. I went in goals when p2 where play it was 4-2 bibs and I was in beat the goals. I helped with the guess the number of sweets in the jar and I helped with the hair extensions.” – Rayan

‘‘I loved helping with different stations such as making origami and helping people make coasters, however my favourite part had to be getting drenched in soak the P7s.’’ – Elliot