This message is aimed at the following pupils:
- Those pupils who are having difficulties accessing Microsoft Teams;
- Those pupils seeking additional activities to do;
Please find attached activities which can be done at home. Many of these require little or no preparation whilst others are free-to-use internet access.
This document, as the title implies, provides simple activities and challenges (bundled into curricular areas) without the need for much preparation.
This is a list of everyone’s favourite online learning resources. Most of these are free to access, but where there is a premium option or registration is required this is noted.
Without a doubt there will be some children loving the idea of doing schoolwork at home whilst, for others, they may not share their enthusiasm. Therefore, this document provides a list of different YouTube learning activities such as:
- The Numberblocks channel – this has lots of great videos to help younger children learn about numbers, addition and subtraction.
- SciShow Kids has a wide range of Science videos that answer different questions about the world.
- Science Max carries out huge science experiments. Could your children try similar experiments, but on a smaller scale, at home?
This site has a comprehensive range of activities for children of all ages. Many are free, some have a trial period whilst others may require the app to be downloaded. Some of the activities children can investigate are:
- Coding, Digital and Technical Challenges;
- Arts & Crafts;
- Health and Mindfulness;
- Literacy, Spelling and Writing activities;
- Numeracy and Mathematics;
- Nature and Science;
- Virtual Tours;
- Webcam footage from zoos around the world;
We thank you for your continued support and we will continue to provide all available support to your child and family throughout this extremely challenging period.
Bellsquarry Primary School Staff