Primary 1’s first full day!

It has been a long, busy day, but we have all enjoyed our first full day as Primary 1!

Today, we practised writing our names and then learned all about Kipper from the reading books that we will be getting home later in the term. After break, we worked on our counting by singing 5 little ducks! We then worked on our cutting skills by cutting out 5 ducks and sticking them onto some blue paper. This afternoon, we read a story called The Rainbow Fish, and spoke about how important it is to share in school. We then started making our own rainbow fish by sticking coloured tissue paper down as a collage. After some free play, we had a circle time about how important it is to have a name, and learned the names of everyone in our class. At the end of the day, we spent some time outside playing on the trim trail and then rounded off the day with some yoga!

One thought on “Primary 1’s first full day!”

1. I have been so impressed by how well the boys and girls in Primary 1 have been doing. You have had a lot of ‘firsts’ like your first day at school, first lunch and first full day. I know your buddies have enjoyed helping you. I am looking forwards to seeing all your adventures.