Stirling Council adheres to the VINCYP (Visual Impairment Network for Children and Young People) definition of Visual Impairment when supporting children.
A child with a visual impairment is defined as:
- Best corrected visual acuity (both eyes open) equal to or worse than 6/18/0.5 logmar
- Requires N18 print or larger to read comfortably
- Visual field loss with both eyes open which significantly affects function
- Any eye movement disorder which significantly affects visual function
- Any form of cognitive visual dysfunction due to disorders of the brain which can be demonstrated to significantly affect function