If you are concerned about your child’s hearing then you can get a hearing test. You can either go to the GP to share your concerns about your child’s hearing and they may refer you to Audiology or ENT for a hearing test. Or you can speak to the school, who can refer your child to ASN (Additional Support Needs) Outreach Hearing Impairment Team, where a Teacher of the Deaf will come to school and can assess your child’s hearing. The Teacher of the Deaf will feed back the results to you and can refer your child to audiology if need be, with your permission.

You can find out about some of the assessments that may be carried out here:

This is a link to Forth Valley’s Audiology department:



Fairness Trust Respect Responsibility Honesty

Report a Glow concern
Cookie policy  Privacy policy

Glow Blogs uses cookies to enhance your experience on our service. By using this service or closing this message you consent to our use of those cookies. Please read our Cookie Policy.