The pupils, staff and Parent Council have worked to develop our school values. These are being used as a basis for behaviour management and at assemblies to reinforce the school ethos.
Take learning outside
Help and Care
Urafirth is a community where we engage and inspire our individual stars to shine brightly
How do we do this?
- Working in partnership with pupils, parents and the wider community
- Providing a top quality, challenging and fun education
- Recognising and celebrating all the achievements of our bairns
- Nurturing and promoting a culture of respect for ourselves and others
- Fostering positive relationships and encouraging effective teamwork
- Inspiring creativity
- Securing a caring, safe and stable environment where the health and wellbeing of all members of our school community is prioritised
- Utilising our outdoor environment to promote positive attitudes towards our wider world
Why values, not rules?
- Our aim: Children taking responsibility for their behaviour and their actions, through the values chosen by them and by the school community.
- Values provide greater aspirations than rules
- Rules require remembering. Values require thinking.
- You can ‘bend the rules’. You can’t bend values!