Parent Councils are the formal representative body for parents with children attending school. Parent Councils are different in each school to enable them to meet the needs of parents locally. Parents are welcomed to be:
- involved with their child’s education and learning;
- active participants in the life of the school; and
- express their views on school education generally and work in partnership with their children’s schools.
Parents are encouraged to volunteer or put themselves forward to be chosen as representatives of the Parent Council if they wish.
The main aims of the Parent Council are to:
- support the school in its work with pupils
- represent the views of parents / report to the Parent Forum
- promote contact between the school, parents, pupils, providers of nursery education and the community
- be involved in the appointment of senior promoted staff
- raise funds for the school for the benefit of pupils (the St John’s Fundraisers fulfil this role).
Our Parent Council Members are:
- Chairperson: Melanie White
- Secretary: Colette Scanlon-Riach
- Treasurer: Angela Brown
- Fundraising Champion: Stephanie Kerr
For more information on parental involvement or to find out about parents as partners in their children’s learning, please contact the school or visit the Parentzone website.
Why not visit the Parent Council Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/StJohnsPrimaryPC