Homework W/B 19th March

Literacy:

Last week in the letter writing assessment, many children were getting

there, their, they’re, our and are mixed up.

Write a paragraph (or a few paragraphs) about 2 children who have something special belonging to them and they go to visit someone at a house …

You must use the following words in your paragraph(s).

are                  our                 there             their              they’re

Maths: I can create a set of multiples and find common multiples between tables

1. Money grabbing coins (1p, 2p, 5p and 10p). Ask children to collect a pile of small coins (about four 10p coins and some 1p, 2p and 5p coins). They grab some of the coins and write how much they grabbed, e.g. 38p. If this is a multiple of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 they score a point for each, e.g. 24p would score 5 points (it is a multiple of 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8), but 17p would score no points. They record their scores in their homework jotter.
  2. Active Learn accounts have been updated.  Please spend time on your account.

Science-

Copy this passage neatly into your jotter.  Use these words to fill in the missing space.  Remember to use a ruler to underline the missing word.

Vibrations        ear       bone         louder       waves       

water                   wood                    air               wood

Sound is made by ______________.

It travels through the air in ___________.

Sound can also travel through ___________ and ___________.

If I cover my ears and hum the sound is travelling through ________.

When I put my _______ on the desk and listen to a pencil tapping the sound is ___________ than in the air. Sound travels better through __________ than _________.