lundi le 20 avril

Welcome back everyone!

I hope you and your family are safe and well and that you have had a relaxing break together this Easter, despite the Lockdown.  Now that we are at the start of what would be Term 4, it feels very strange not returning to school as normal, but remember this Lockdown won’t be forever.

I’d love to hear from you and see any tasks that you would like to share with me. You can do this by clicking on the leave a comment tab at the top of this page.

LITERACY

Starter

As you might know, the teachers are writing your reports. We would usually have our learner conversations to chat with you all individually to find out about your thoughts and opinions of your year, Miss Park and I were thinking you could all write a wee paragraph underneath the headings each day and e-mail your responses to us.

Firstly, brainstorm either in your head, out loud to someone, on call to a friend or written down, 6 favourite moments of your P6 year so far (this could be related to a piece of work, a game, new friendship, something in class, in the playground,  when Mrs Rutherford or Mrs McMillan covered the class, assembly etc).

Activity

I can reflect on things I am proud of from P6

Wider Achievements

Write a short paragraph, explaining things you are proud of from school or out with school since August 2009 until now.

This could include things such as:

• achieving a goal you set yourself related to school, hobby or a club
  • taking part in school activity days such as ECO day, Sports Relief
  • presenting in front of the class, another class or assembly
  • achieving class Star Pupil, Star Writer, Sumdog Winner of the Week etc
  • winning an award, trophy of certificate at a club in or outside school
  • being part of Eco Committee, PAG or JRSO

Basically, this can be anything at all you feel proud of but don’t include Pest of the Week  🙂

Plenary:

Read back over your paragraph to a relative or friend and check for any mistakes.

This can be typed, written and photographed and please send it to FionaPollock@woodlands.n-lanark.sch.uk

I cannot wait to read your responses. I will get back to you once I have read them. Looking forward to hearing from you all as I am missing you all very much.

NUMERACY

Mental Starter:

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10

Select at least Level 5 (on top left hand corner of screen) then choose Ordering.

You will be asked 10 questions. Write down your answers in your jotter then at the end of the test you can check your answers to see how many you got correct.

Activity:

Today we are going to learn how to calculate perimeter. If you can add up then you’ll fine calculating perimeter easy. Before you begin the page below, watch this clip below;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zvmxsbk/articles/zsr4k7h

Now complete this text book page: I can calculate perimeters of rectangles.

Challenge:

To calculate the area of a rectangle, we multiply the length by the breadth so in Q1 the area would be 30cm x 50cm = 1500cm ². Write the area for each picture from Q2-Q9. Don’t forget to write cm ² after your answer.

Plenary:

You have an individual game to play on Active Learn. The game “Marching Madness” should be available for you to access. You can choose your preferred difficulty of Bronze, Silver or Gold.

Your username should be the first 4 letters of your first name, first 4 letters of your surname, if your name only has 3 letters then it’s those 3 and first 4 of your surname. I’ve reset everyone’s password should be woodlands and the school code is 6kwa