All North Lanarkshire schools must have a dress code which encourages pupils to dress in a way which is appropriate to attendance at school. This dress code must not lead to direct or indirect discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender or disability. Prior to drawing up the dress code the parents, pupils and staff were fully consulted. It is the expectation of North Lanarkshire Council that parents will be keen to support the dress code and written agreement may be sought.
In Auchinloch Primary, the wearing of school uniform is actively encouraged.
White shirt or blouse
White polo shirt with school logo
Red sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
Red pullover, caridgan or tank top
Grey trousers, skirt, pinafore or shorts
Red and silver striped tie
Grey or black tights
Grey or white socks
Black/Grey school shoes or all black trainers
Black plimsoles or trainers for indoor use
Grey school blazer
Red and white checked summer dress
White polo shirt or t-shirt
Black or red shorts
Plain black leggings or jogging bottoms (small or no logo)
The wearing of the school uniform helps to create an identity with the school and can also be useful in matters of safety and security.
ALL ARTICLES OF CLOTHING AND PROPERTY SHOULD BE CLEARLY LABELLED WITH THE CHILD’S NAME.
The official uniform provider for Auchinloch Primary is Scotcrest. Uniform can be purchased online at
or directly from their shop,
62 Clark Street
Telephone 01236 768686
Suitable clothing for PE Lessons
Due to restrictions around COVID-19 we are unable to teach PE lessons in our school hall. Until this changes, PE lessons will be taught outside. Currently, we are not asking children to change for PE. Please ensure your child has appropriate weatherproof clothing with them on PE days.
On any occasion, if you consider it unwise for your child to take part in PE, please let a member of staff know by email, phone call or speaking to SMT at the gate.
For safety reasons all jewellery must be removed for PE lessons and where possible not worn on PE days.
If a child regularly forgets the necessary clothing and footwear for PE, you will be contacted to ensure you are aware of this situation and you will be asked to assist in reminding your child in bringing/wearing their PE on the appropriate days.
Clothing which is unacceptable in school under any circumstances includes items which:
- could potentially encourage factions (e.g. football colours)
- could cause offence (e.g. anti-religious symbolism or political slogans)
- could cause health and safety difficulties such as loose fitting clothing, dangling earrings, and other potentially dangerous jewellery – please note there is a requirement that all jewellery is removed prior to undertaking physical education activities
- are of flammable materials which may be a danger in certain classes (e.g. shell suits)
- could cause damage to flooring
- carry advertising in particular for alcohol or tobacco and
- could be used to inflict injury to other pupils or to be used by others to do so.
Your co-operation with the above would be much appreciated.