Homework is given each week and because of the important role that parents play in their child’s education we hope that you will support your child with their learning activities.
Homework can be completed in a short time (normally 10 – 20 minutes) and tasks will be within the ability of the pupil
- all early stage pupils have reading homework
- junior and senior pupils have homework each night, Monday to Thursday
- a child may have homework to catch up on after absence, or to take him/her up to the level of others in his/her group.
- tasks may be given to follow-up, further develop, or show parents some work done in school
- homework may also be prescribed if insufficient work has been done in class due to lack of application.
Recreational reading is most important, and is constantly promoted.
A homework club is available to all pupils in the junior and senior department.
The use of ICT to support homework is encouraged by all members of staff. Almost all children in Auchinloch Primary School have access to GLOW both at home and in school to consolidate their learning.
Parents can discuss the question of homework at any time with the Head Teacher or Class Teacher.