The Head Teacher is the professional adviser to the Parent Council.
The Parent council office bearers are:
Chairperson – Mrs Aileen McGrane
Vice-Chairperson – Mrs Fiona McWhinnie
Treasurer – Ms Jacqui Fraser
Secretary – Mr Paul Smith
All office bearers can be reached through the school office.
The Parent Council’s rights and duties include:
- supporting the work of the school
- representing the views of parents
- consulting with parents and reporting back to the Parent Forum on matters of interest
- promoting contact between the school, parents, pupils, providers of nursery education and the wider community
- taking part in the selection of senior promoted staff
- receiving reports from the head teacher and education authority
- receiving an annual budget for administration, training and other expenses
- Improving home school partnership and facilitating parental involvement
Members of Parent Councils, on a voluntary basis, may also have an advisory role in decisions on placing requests by parents in respect of those situations where the number of placing requests for a particular school or for a particular stage in a particular school exceeds the number of places available.