A broad general education
Every child and young person in Scotland is entitled to experience a broad general education. This broad general education takes place from the early years to the end of S3 and is represented by learning across all of the experiences and outcomes.
Experiences in the expressive arts involve creating and presenting and are practical and experiential. Evaluating and appreciating are used to enhance enjoyment and develop knowledge and understanding.
My learning in, through and about the expressive arts:
· enables me to experience the inspiration and power of the arts
· recognises and nurtures my creative and aesthetic talents
· allows me to develop skills and techniques that are relevant to specific art forms and across the four capacities
· provides opportunities for me to deepen my understanding of culture in Scotland and the wider world
· is enhanced and enriched through partnerships with professional arts companies, creative adults and cultural organisations.