Update – 27/03/20

Hope you and your families are all keeping well. It has been a turbulent few weeks to say the least! However, as always, I am very grateful to my staff at Braidhurst who have been working extremely hard to ensure there are resources online for your child to access during this period. There is plenty of work to keep them busy! Please encourage your child to participate and use them appropriately.

Staff have also volunteered, in great numbers, to help with the Motherwell Hub to look after the children of key workers to enable them to get to their work – I am humbled, but not surprised, by the response I have received.

I appreciate these are worrying times but, as a community, we will get through this by looking after each other. Before the school temporarily closed we managed to deliver approximately 50 boxes of supplies to families. North Lanarkshire have just announced that the families of those pupils in receipt of free school meals will be sent vouchers twice a week with a voucher code. If you know of anyone in our school family who you are concerned about please contact us and we will do our very best to support them.

Please encourage your child to stay in touch with each other and the staff through the contact details they have been given.

In the meantime stay safe – we are thinking of you and miss you.

Mrs Rooney

Head Teacher