Homework Information

Hi everyone and welcome to the Primary 5 homework information page. You should already have received homework guidelines from the school, however if you would like another look to remind yourself of these please click on the link below.

Whitehirst Park Primary School Homework 2020-21 (1)

For Health and Safety reasons all homework will now be issued online in the class blog. The school will primarily be using 3 platforms to deliver this homework. Education City, Bug Club and Sum Dog.

• Bug Club and Education City for Literacy
  • Sum Dog and Education City for Numeracy and Maths
  • Education City for Science

In addition from time to time your child may be asked to complete an IDL task online relating to our class topic.  In Term 1 our topic is Ancient Egypt. 

On Monday 7th September your child will be bringing home a pink card with the login details and password information required for Bug Club, Sum Dog and Education City.  In addition, details of your child’s Glow log in details and the class blog address is included in the pink card.

Homework will be set on the Monday and should be completed by the Friday of each week. There will be a separate menu on the blog homepage called Homework Tasks and each week I will post the homework to be completed. 

This is a fantastic opportunity for us all to continue to embrace technology to enhance your child’s learning.  Remember we are here to support and help with online learning so if you need any support with accessing the technology please contact myself Mrs Manning as a first ‘port of call’.

5 thoughts on “Homework Information

1. Hi Mrs Manning

Kyrah completed the Sumdog and the two stages of Education City, it would not allow her to complete the third level as it could not continue pass the end of the listen and spell section. The link would go back to the beginning again or kick her off the page. She also tried to enter her details into her BugClub, it is also refused her entry by saying that ad blocker is on and requires to be disabled or clearing cookies may help. Since this is a IPad supplied by NAC I am not allowed to touch these areas, so thought best to report it.

Mrs Waldeck

1. Hi, I think we are going to have to do that. Apologies I have just noticed your reply. It seems it is to do with her sign in as it says she is locked out. She will bring in first thing.

2. Hi Mrs manning

Mason can no longer get into bug club we have tried all the different passwords, are you able to reset please? I have tried calling the school office but couldn’t get an answer.

Kind Regards
    Kirsty