Welcome to you new Class Information for School Website 2023-24 

Class Information for School Website 2023-24 

Class 

• Stage – Yellow Class 
  • Room Number – 1/2 
  • Where your class should line up – Entry through infant doorway 

School Staff – 

• Teacher’s name –  
  • Mr Clarke McDowall 
  • Names of other adults working with the class –                             
  •   Ms Jodie Young                                                   Ms Abbie Ogg 

Weekly Timetable 

• PE and Outdoor Learning Days  TBC 
  • How the children should be prepared on these days – Gym wear tracksuits / jogging clothes and trainers. Suitable jacket for outdoor wear as necessary. 

Curriculum 

• Literacy – Daily reading tasks with class novel and individual reading scheme as appropriate 
  • Numeracy – Daily morning tasks then activity related to own activity box 
  • HWB – Encouraged to take part in daily routines. Gym session once a week and outdoor activity as appropriate 
  • IDL –Topic lessons each term. Details will be shared for each new term. 

A message from your new teacher 

• I have been teaching for 29 years. I am pleased to share that I have had the privilege of the last 6 almost 7 years involved with teaching at Benarty Primary School. I have always provided a safe, nurturing environment enabling the amazing staff with an ethos of unlocking our core values of respect, inclusion and responsibility of achievement in all.  
  • Teaching at Benarty in the very heart of Scotland is my passion. Local / National Historical themes are intertwined in my learning as I share my knowledge of area to promote a sense of pride, respect and care for our environment.
  • What you are looking forward to with your new class – To share my experience of inclusivity for all. To unlock potential. 
  • What you hope to achieve with your new class – A sense of safety to provide daily opportunity to nurture and achieve. 
  • A message to parents – We use the Seesaw application for the sharing of information and pictures of the children engaged in learning. We also use telephone for communication for information if deemed appropriate. I have always prided myself in approachability and encourage parental involvement in set times throughout the year via open times.
  • We look forward to welcoming the children for the new term!

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – Fife site