P6 – Miss Sankey

Hi there, I am Marianne Sankey and I will be teaching P6 this year. I am really looking forward to seeing P6 achieve success by being empowered to lead their own learning and develop their perseverance in school next year. In addition to teaching full time, I  have three little girls of my own at home and two Labradors. I love reading, sewing and curling and my favourite subjects to teach are history and modern studies.

We will have the support of Nicole Moore in the mornings and  Tammy Marr each afternoon in class to support learning and encouraging the children to be ambitious in their learning this term. They will also be supporting children in the classroom and playground to be inclusive and kind to others.

P6 are in room 24 which is upstairs. They should line up outside the dinner hall door every day. Gym is on Monday’s and Friday’s  and children should come to school in gym kit on these days. It would be really useful if all clothing and equipment that the children bring to school can be labelled as this will significantly reduce the quantity of lost property.

It is really important that we keep in touch regarding any concerns over your child’s behaviour, relationships or learning within school so that we can address any issues as promptly as possible. Please feel free to contact me via the school office or Seesaw if you wish to discuss any part of your child’s learning journey. There will also be opportunities for you to share in your child’s learning this session, we hope you will join us for our showcases and parents evenings.  If you are able to support our learning either in class or on school trips or outdoor learning, please let me know.

Our classroom is fully inclusive and designed to make learning accessible for all children and empower them to be independent learners. The classroom is set out to make learning  as enjoyable as possible and we will be using ICT to support the class based learning. We will also be welcoming our peers from ASC to join us for some of our learning  and play on a weekly basis.

The children will be learning about Refugee’s this term as their topic, we would appreciate it if you could talk about any items in the news that are about refugees. We will be concentrating on Money, Fractions and Multiplication and Dividing in Numeracy and Maths and will be continuing our focus on Spelling and Report Writing in Literacy.

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – Fife site