P6/7

Our first afternoon as a class!

Class Teacher – Ryan King
Pupil Support Assistant – Elaine Thomson

Hi there, my name is Ryan King and I will be the class teacher for P6/7 this year and I will be supported in class by Elaine Thomson. I am a relatively new teacher to Benarty but have loved my time so far and am looking forward to working in the upper school.

Our class will be in room 21 and children should line up outside the the crush hall.

At Benarty we endeavour to include our ASPIRE values in all aspects of our classroom, I am looking forward to working with the class to create an environment that meets the needs of everyone.

In term 1 we focussed on developing the young workforce and skills for life and work through our enterprise topic. The classes had the opportunity to learn about what makes a successful business and apply these skills when creating their own. As well as this both classes have ran a pupil led tuck shop each week and have currently raised over £1200!

During term 2 we explored different science experiments, art and report writing through our Natural Disasters topic. We enjoyed recreating natural disasters in creative ways and had the opportunity to display our work at a learning showcase.

This term we have been learning all about the Scottish Wars of Independence and the different famous figures which shaped Scotland’s history such as William Wallace and Robert the Bruce. We also got the chance to develop this learning further in a trip to Stirling Castle.

Key information:

• PE takes place on a Wednesday, please come to school dressed accordingly.
  • Digital Literacy lessons take place on a Thursday
  • Outdoor learning experience at Fordell Firs and Lochore Meadows will be the week beginning 29th April 2024.
  • Our production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat will be at Lochgelly Centre on the 13th March 2024.

Please feel free to contact me with any queries through SeeSaw.

Mr King

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – Fife site