Changes to the Nutritional Standards for Food and Drink in Schools and the new Nutritional Requirements for Food & Drink in Schools (Scotland) Regulations 2020 come into effect from 8 April 2021.
We therefore require our school menu to be compliant with the new regulations. To that end, the local authority has developed a compliant menu using a specific piece of software which analyses the menus to ensure they meet the nutritional standards required. Please find attached the Two Choice 4-week menu cycle which will commence with week 1 on 12 April 2021.
Please be aware of the following.
• Soup and Sandwich will be available every day.
• Due to Government guidelines, ham filling will only be available on 2 days of the week; Tuesday’s and Thursday’s. Sandwich filling available other days are Tuna Mayo, Egg Mayo and Cheese.
• No Baguettes or rolls are allowed.
• Two portions of vegetables MUST be served with main meal options.
• A serving of fruit MUST be served with dessert daily. Where fruit is highlighted in red on the menu, it must be taken with the dessert. The alternative is a piece of fruit, i.e., apple, orange, or banana.
We are looking forward to welcoming all our pupils back to school on Thursday!
School uniform orders can be collected from the school office on Tuesday.
Primary Lunch Menu
Lentil soup & sandwich or turkey burger
Cheese salad or Haddock.
Can all primary pupils please bring their PE kit on Wednesday as PE times have not been finalised due to secondary timetable.
Mrs P Macleod