A Message from our Head Teacher

Dear Parents/Carers,
I am delighted to say all of our children are now settling into Mount Carmel after such a long time at home. They have so enjoyed seeing their friends and teachers and it has been a joy to see them.
As there is still instances of Covid 19 in our community we continue to be vigilant and observe all the mitigating factors such as hand washing, social distancing and wearing face coverings. I would ask that you continue to social distance from other adults when dropping of or picking up your children.
We have adapted our playground zones to ensure children are remaining in their social bubbles as much as possible. We have adapted our routines at lunchtime meaning children no longer need to eat in their classrooms. We will continue to adapt any arrangements or routines as circumstances change and develop. Indeed, after yesterday we have changed the exit gate for P4 and P6/7 and we will always look to make things the best we can for our school community.
It has been a very long year. When Mrs Fergusson and I closed the school In March 2020 we didn’t think we would still be having to manage Covid 19 as a factor of our daily school life in March 2021. Hopefully things are beginning to change for the better.
As always, if you have any concerns or suggestions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kindest regards