A huge huge Thank You!

Thank you very much for the wonderful gifts I received yesterday from the lovely Primary 7’s. Since arriving at Mount Carmel in January I have been made very welcome by everyone and I love being a teacher in my old primary school!

I had such a good time at Lockerbie getting to know the Primary 7’s and they also impressed me during the school show rehearsals with their energy, commitment and enthusiasm.

I will really miss the P7’s but wish you all the best as you move on to St Joseph’s Academy. Keep shining and keep aiming high!

Have an amazing (and safe) summer holidays and I’ll see all the new Primary 7’s in August.

Love Miss Mudge x

Outdoor Learning Champions – John Muir Award

Primary 6/7 received their John Muir Award certificates today to acknowledge all their hard work and effort in outdoor learning this school year. From den building to litter picking, from fire building to poster making the P6/7s have approached each task and lesson with maturity and determination. Both myself and Mr B are very proud of them 🙂

A word from the pupils:

I think P6/7 gained experience from going outside because before doing the award some of the class wouldn’t like to get dirty or even go out in the rain. It was very fun to go outside and get muddy. We took part in den building, making small fires, picking up rubbish to make the world and our school better place to be. 

By Jack and Devlin.   

Well done Primary 6/7!

Blair Drummond 2019

Yesterday, the whole school went to Blair Drummond Safari Park for their annual end of year School Trip. Primary 6/7 had a packed full day with lots of fun activities that they had the option to go on. Some of our favourite activities were, The Park, Sea Lion Show, Pedal Boats, Flying Fox and Lunch. We all had a good time and was the perfect last School Trip for the Primary 7’s. Miss Mudge thought that we were all behaved, and we represented the School well. 

By Abbey Kennedy and Caiden Barclay 

Photos of the day posted below

Hot Chocolate and Marshmallows…and learning!

Yesterday Primary 6/7 were treated to marshmallows and hot chocolate outside. The Primary 6/7s have worked had towards their John Muir  Award this year and our last task was to build a fire to heat up the gullie kettle. The pupils all worked as a team to gather stick, set up the hot chocolate and share out the marshmallows.

Miss Mudge also had to be taught how to use a Guille Kettle after pouring the hot water in the wrong hole!

Below are photos from our session.

Homework – week commencing 10th June

Homework this week will be kept to a minimum due to our fabulous school show performances this week! Keep buying those tickets!

PRIMARY 6’s

Next week Primary 6’s will be giving speeches on why they should be a House Captain next school year. A help sheet will be sent home this week with some suggested questions to help with candidate speeches. All Primary 6’s are expected to deliver a speech as it is part of their Listening and Talking assessment for this term.

PRIMARY 7’s

Mrs Crawford will be taking the Primary 7’s for God’s Loving Plan sessions this week. Mrs Crawford has asked that Primary 7’s find out from their parent/carers what their favourite memory of them as a toddler was in order to share with the rest of Primary 7 this week.

Thank you

Standardised Assessments

This week the Primary 7’s will be sitting the National Standardised Assessments in Reading, Writing and Numeracy. The pupils will use the computers and laptops to do these and will have plenty of time to think the questions through before they answer.

Miss Mudge

Danger Detectives

Last week Primary 6 attended Danger Detectives at the Take a Bow centre in New Farm. The pupils had talks from PC Dempster on Internet Safety, the Fire Service about fires in the home and Road Traffic officers about keeping safe on bikes and when crossing the roads.

The P6’s has a great time and represented the school very well 🙂

An East Ayrshire Council site