World Book Day – Decorate a POTATO as a book character

World Book is on Thursday 4th March this year.  All classes – in-school and virtual – will be having lessons or arranging activities to celebrate all things ‘book-related’.

We thought for a bit of fun this year – and due to COVID restrictions – that instead of the children dressing up as a book character (due to shops being closed at the moment), they could dress a potato up as a book character (or use any vegetables that you have lying around the house).

Click the link to a planning page (to use if you would find it helpful):    Potato character sheet

I am sure you will be super creative in your design ideas and we MUST see the finished results.

Either add them to our Twitter page, email the results to the class teacher or email them directly to me: susan.cross1@eastayrshire.org.uk

I have added a couple of links to some pages to give you an idea, however I am sure your creations will be even better.

We can’t wait to see the results!!

https://www.thorntonincravenprimary.org.uk/photos/world-book-day-decorate-potato-book-character

10 World Book Day potato character ideas