ECC

NEW BLOG

We now have a new blog for the ECC!!

https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/ea/mauchlineecc/

Wednesday 22nd April 2020

HELP WITH MATHS!

Below is a link to a leaflet found on the Scottish Government’s Parentzone website. It gives some ideas for younger children learning some maths skills at home:

IAmAMathematician120517

The link to the Parent Zone maths page is below:

https://education.gov.scot/parentzone/learning-at-home/supporting-numeracy/introduction-to-supporting-numeracy/

MONDAY 20th APRIL 2020

MONDAY 20th APRIL 2020
Hey everyone
I hope you all had a fantastic Easter break and ate lots of chocolate. We had a lovely relaxing time enjoying the garden and had FAR too much chocolate!! So, it is time to get back into working and learning at home. As we all try to get back into some sort of routine at home, I have made my girls routine cards to follow to help on those morning when they just do not want to get out of PJs!
At this time of year we would be starting to prepare our pre-schoolers for the transition into Primary 1 and during this unsettling time I’m sure many parents are concerned about the future and if their wee ones will be ready for school when the time eventually does come. Fear not!! Many parents focus on their child’s academic skills and make sure their child can write their name or recognise numbers which is great, but it is equally important that a child has the independence to cope in Primary 1. I have prepared a little checklist of independence skills that you can work on at home to help your child be ready whenever that day may come.
Personal Skills:
• I can go to the toilet on my own
• I can wash and dry my hands without any help
• I can use a tissue to wipe my nose
• I can ask an adult for help when I need it
Independence Building:
• I look after my belongings and can tidy them away
• I can button and unbutton my clothes
• I can put my own socks and shoes on
• I can put my coat on and zip it up
Lunch time:
• I can open food packets and wrappers
• I can use a knife and fork
• I can make healthy choices from the lunch menu
Next week I will provide some information on literacy and numeracy skills you can practice at home to help prepare your child for Primary 1.
Have a great week everyone and stay safe.
Have fun

Love Jen xxx

PATHS
Hello boys and girls!
There is someone I would like you to meet!
Please follow the link below to find out who it is!

Love Hayley xxx

Hi everyone,
I hope you all enjoyed the Easter break with your family and managed to spend some time outdoors in this wonderful weather during your daily exercise or in your garden. The Easter holiday may be over, but I thought I would share this activity with you all as I thought it would be great fun to create and explore in the process. You may require some adult support throughout and have fun!

Frozen flower eggs[2590]

Love Lisa xxx

Good morning,
Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine at home!
Since the weather has been so nice and Mr Sunshine has made an appearance your new song for this week is.
Oh Mr Sun
Oh, Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun
Please shine down on me
Oh, Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun
Hiding behind a tree
These little children are asking you
To please come out so we can play with you
Oh, Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun
Please shine down on me
Oh, Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun
Please shine down on me
Oh, Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun
Hiding behind a tree
These little children are asking you
Oh, Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun
Please shine down on, please shine down on
Please shine down on me

I Have attached the link to YouTube for anyone who is unsure of how the song goes 

Also, because our theme is all about the sunshine this week here are some examples to get everyone talking and developing their vocabulary.
• Create a picnic outdoors or a café- allow the children to create menus and take your order. Encourage them to mark-make and create signs and get them to describe what they have making.
• Create a den using any materials you have lying around the house and join in making an amazing den to hide in when the sun is too hot!
• Explore initial sounds in words when you are out in the garden and see if the children can identify some other words with the same sound when they are playing in the garden.
• Create a water tray and encourage the children to take the lead and discuss what they are doing 

I hope you have lots of fun experimenting with these new ideas outside and do not forget to learn your new song!
Stay safe and I hope to see you all soon 

Love Alyson xxx

HI EVERYONE,
TO LET US KNOW YOU ARE WELL AND ARE ABLE TO SEE OUR HELPFUL TIPS WE ARE GIVING ON OUR BLOG. I HAVE A FUN CHALLENGE FOR YOU AND A BIG CHALLENEGE FOR ME!!!!
AS WE ALL KNOW I LIKE A CHALLENGE. SO, OVER THE NEXT WEEK (DUE TO NICE WEATHER) I WOULD LIKE YOU TO SHOW US, HOW HARD YOU HAVE BEEN WORKING ON YOUR WRITING SKILLS AND TO DISPLAY EITHER YOUR FIRST LETTER OF YOUR NAME DECORATED OR YOUR FULL NAME.
L or Lynnette
THEN I WOULD LIKE YOU TO DISPLAY ON YOUR WINDOW AND MY CHALLENGE WILL BE TO WHEN I AM OUT MY DAILY WALK CHECK OUT WHO HAS DISPLAYED THEIR PICTURE AND TAKE A PHOTO WHICH I WILL DISPLAY HERE ON OUR BLOG. BY DISPAYING YOUR PICTURE GIVES ME PERMISSION TO TAKE A PICTURE. THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE FOR ME IS I DON’T KNOW WHERE YOU ALL LIVE BUT I WILL TRY MY BEST (EVEN THOSE IN THE COUNTRYSIDE). LOOK OUT FOR MINE IN MY WINDOW!!
SO, GET CREATING AND SHOW US YOU ARE ALL DOING OK AND STAYING SAFE WITH YOUR FAMILY.
LOVE LYNNETTE XXX

Hello Our Wonderful Mauchline ECC Family,
I hope you are all well and staying safe. Every Monday we will add some new learning at home ideas for you. I hope you will find them useful. We continue to work together to get through these very challenging times and look to the future. Sending you all a virtual hug!!
Cooking with your children can be so enjoyable and it is a great way to learn new skills. Talking about how we are feeling just now can be done during cooking or when we all eat together at mealtimes. It can be a more relaxed environment for children to express themselves and is delicious too!
Mauchline ECC – One Pot Pasta
What you will need:
• 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
• 1 onion
• 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
• 300g or 2 teacups of frozen mixed vegetables or tinned vegetables (Ensure vegetables are small not too chunky)
• 700ml hot vegetable stock (1 vegetable stock cube in about 1 pint of hot water)
• 175g or one and a half teacups of small pasta shapes
• 200g can baked beans
• A little grated cheese to serve on top
What to do:
• Add vegetable oil to saucepan.
• Peel and finely chop the onion.
• Add the onion to the saucepan and cook gently for a few minutes over a medium heat, stirring, being careful not to brown the onion.
• Add the hot vegetable stock together with the tomato puree.
• Add the pasta shapes and the frozen vegetables.
Cover the saucepan with a lid and simmer for about 15 minutes, until pasta and vegetables are soft, test this with a fork.
Finally add the can of baked beans, stir, and continue cooking until heated through.
Serve in bowls and top with a little grated cheese.
Enjoy!!
Andrea xxx

Please remember and help your child stay safe when using the internet.
CEOP site for online child protection, this site has resources for ages 4-7. Jessie and Friends and keeping your under 5s safe online are free as are many others on this fabulous website.
INTERNET MATTERS is another excellent resource particularly for keeping parents and carers up to date with what sites are popular with children and young people and what they can do on these sites, again a free resource.

TUESDAY 14TH APRIL 2020

HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR WEE MESSAGE!

Monday 30th March 2020

To help everyone at this “strange” time!!! We have made the decision at Mauchline ECC to offer you tips and ideas once a week. We are sure you have gained so many ideas from social media already but we just wanted to let you know we are still working hard and miss you all very much.
Please help us by commenting IF there is anything you would like us to help with, we are a team of many talents.
Please stay safe and hope all that hand washing activities and advice is continuing.

Good morning to all
Its Alyson here, I hope everyone is well and keeping safe. As I am the communication champion for the ECC I have some new ideas and activities you can do at home to keep you busy! I hope you are working hard on the pack we made for you to take home. The activities in the pack will encourage you to use language and develop new vocabulary. I hope you are all learning your new songs and rhymes and look forward to seeing your amazing models and drawings you have made!
I have made a list of some activities you can try at home:
• Create a treasure box and fill it with everyday items. Give them a clue and see if they can guess what it is, even let them have a feel and see if they can describe how it feels. Add words to make longer sentences.
• Play hide and seek and use position words to develop their mathematical language.
• Story week- Get the children to choose a story and for that week use this story. Encourage the children to predict what is going to happen before you start reading and then get them to change what happens in the story to develop their imagination and vocabulary. Allow the children to re-tell the story and join in if they choose to re-tell the story though role play.

I have also made a list of some of the websites available to promote language and communication.
• https://www.worldbookday.com/big-little-book-corner/
• https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Interactive.aspx?cat=39
• https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/stories
• https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/have-some-fun/storybooks-and-games/
• https://www.scottishbooktrust.com/reading-and-stories/bookbug/bookbug-cds
I hope this gives you some new fun things to do at home and keeps you all busy! Remember to keep the compliments going as I know you are all amazing at being kind to each other! Stay safe and look after each other!
Love Alyson x

Hi everyone, hope you all had a nice weekend and enjoyed some time with your family. Let’s stay positive and work together for the upcoming week. Today we would love to share with you one of our favourite activities to explore in the ECC, Play dough! Its super simple to make and can help enhance children’s fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. You may choose to add some materials from your home to help encourage your child’s curiosity and imagination throughout.
This may include:
~ rolling pins
~ cake cases
~ pebbles
~ pasta shapes

Ingredients:
• 2 cups of flour
• 1 cup of salt
• 1 tablespoon of oil (vegetable or olive)
• 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
• 1 cup of boiling water (ADULT ONLY for this part)

You may also wish to add food colouring or a scent at this point however is optional.
Mix your ingredients together until kneaded into one ball. We recommend an adult does this to begin with as it will be very warm! Once kneaded together leave your dough to cool for ten minutes then enjoy! Squishing and squashing play dough can have a calming and soothing effect so go on give it a go and have fun!                         Love  Lisa x

Hi Everyone

I’m missing hearing all the wee ones joining in with singing their favourite songs. If you’d like some help at home to get your wee ones singing try downloading the Bookbug APP.
You can listen to your child’s favourite songs and rhymes, learn the actions, create your own personal playlist or download songs.
Remember to use screen time sensibly! Screen time should be used together to promote chat and interaction. When you are finished remember to put your device away and play! Digital play is fun, but try to balance it with other types of play; playing outdoors, building blocks and reading stories together. Never use screens before bedtime.

Click on the link to download the Bookbug app https://www.scottishbooktrust.com/reading-and-stories/bookbug/bookbug-app and Enjoy!
Love Jen x

Hey parents/carers
This post is a warning for you but a delight for the wee ones. Let’s make learning fun and channel that inner “X factor” skills that your wee ones have. So kids get out the pots and pans, look out some kitchen utensils and put on your favourite nursery rhymes and let’s hear your musical talents. Don’t forget to sing along and use the ideas from Bookbug from Jen or links that Alyson has given.
To add bit of exercise and mindfulness try https://www.cosmickids.com, the kids have been doing this monthly at their drama sessions
Have fun being creative, Lynnette x

Good morning all

Hope you are all staying safe and well. Its Angela this morning and as the Purple Group know we do our morning exercises every day. Normally the children would choose what exercise they wished to complete but as we are not together I thought I would suggest some exercises for you to complete together.

The first one is star jumps do around 10

Then around 10 heel flicks

The warrior pose, do one leg forward then switch to the other leg

The table top for around a minute

These are just a few of the exercises that we do in the morning. other ones include running on the spot and push ups. I hope you all have fun with this and ask the children what exercise they would like to do they may surprise you.

Lets have another great day

Angela x

Good Morning to our wonderful parents, carers and children.
We would like to send you a huge virtual hug this morning. We hope you are well and are working through your home learning pack. Keep to a clear routine for your children it will help them to feel more secure in this time of ongoing changes. Together we can get through these challenging times. So be kind to yourselves please. I hope that all our ECC children will be giving Ms Dougan’s challenge a go! Make your beds this morning, give it a go!
I would like to give our ECC children our own challenge! Now you know we have a ‘child of the day’ and you get to hear some fantastic compliments. Today I want you to make someone smile by giving out compliments. We would love to hear some of your compliments so remember to share!
Take Care Everyone
With Love From All The ECC Staff

Tuesday 24th March

Reading Bingo for children in the ECC and Primary 1.

Registration for Early Learning and Childcare places for session 2020-2021 will open from 17th February 2020 to 28th February 2020.   PLEASE SEE ATTACHED POSTER FOR DAYS/TIMES TO REGISTER.  Registration is for children born between 1st March 2016 and 28th February 2018.  Birth certificates must be shown at time of registration.  Please contact the school office if you require further assistance.     POSTER ECC Registration

Our nursery is taking part in the NAP SACC UK research study

Our nursery has been selected to take part in a national research study which is looking at ways to support nurseries in the work they do to support children’s health.  This study will test a programme from the United States, called ‘NAP SACC’. You can view our short film about the study, here: vimeo.com/368012574

If your child is aged 2 years or older, is not yet attending school, and is attending the nursery for 12 hours per week across the year or 15 hours per week during term time you will receive an invitation for them to take part.  If you would like to speak to someone before you make up your mind, a researcher will be visiting the nursery to answer questions on Wednesday, 5th February 2020 – look out for the ‘NAP SACC UK’ posters. You can also contact the research team by email or telephone: sphsu-napsacc@glasgow.ac.uk or 0800 389 2129.

WELCOME BACK session 2019

Welcome back to everyone and to our new starts. A few changes this term, we welcome Nyree as temporary Senior Lead covering the vacant post, Sherrie temp practitioner covering job share vacant post as Jan is now only part time this year looking after the BLUE group, Hayley is the other half of Lisa leading the RED group, Angela who is mornings with the purple group. We still have

East Ayrshire site