We have developed a suite of professional development resources to support learning and teaching within schools. Please speak to your school link psychologist for further information on any of the following topics/ courses.
- Making Learning Visible: This is a half day introduction to visible learning and how this can be used to drive school improvement. We will look at what the evidence says has the biggest impact on raising attainment and how this can be used within your school setting. (This course can be split into smaller parts)
- Feedback for Learning: This is a half day input which follows on from Making Learning Visible. In this course we consider what makes effective feedback and look at how feedback can be used to raise attainment. (This course can be split into smaller parts).
- Metacognitive Skills: This is approximately four hours in duration and follows on from Marking Learning Visible. In this course we will look at how to develop skills metacognitive skills which deepens children’s learning.
- Climates for Learning: This is approximately one and a half hours in duration. In this session we will look at different classroom climates and their impact of pupil’s wellbeing and attainment. We will consider how to create the optimum climate for learning.
- Cognitive Skills for Learning: This is a five session (each one and a half hours) series of inputs which focussed on the development of underlying cognitive skills for learning. We have a primary/secondary course as well as a course aimed at the early years.