It is normal to feel anxious, confused, frustrated or upset from time to time. It is important that everyone takes steps to look after their own mental health and wellbeing.
Young Minds is a website dedicated to supporting and empowering young people to have a healthy mind. They have published some tips and ideas to keep your mind healthy. There is also a list of who you can reach out to – via online messenger, email or phone – if you are finding things difficult.
To see these top tips in full, click here
They also have helpful strategies for managing other worries you may have about Corona (Covid 19)
Take a break from the news
There is a lot going on in the world that can be upsetting. A top tip is to take a break from the news! If you are upset by the news, it’s important to know that you are not the only one and it’s okay to have those feelings.
You could read this article from Newsround. It gives lots of helpful advice for when you are upset by the news, such as:
- Share your worries
- Know it’s normal to feel upset
- Do things that make you happy
- Remember that events like this are rare
- Click this link for advice and resources from Childline
- Limit your screen time – there are lots of resources on this website to help you look after your mental wellbeing while online
- Talk to others. YoungScot has advice on how to talk about and process your feelings
- Remember, not everything you read online is true. Keep to official news sources such as the BBC or the Scottish Government COVID-19 webpage.